When it comes to marketing, savvy business owners need to make the most of every opportunity. A scroll pen might just be the most effective, and cost-effective, tool for the job.
A scroll pen work much like any other pen. However, they have an added brand bonus that gives them a little more kick as a marketing tool. They feature a scrolling banner that opens up from the base of the pen, giving you the opportunity to deliver well-presented content that can inform, intrigue, or even entertain the user. Its ubiquitous function but unique design allows any brand a new kind of exposure.
As promotional items, a scroll pen is often used for giveaways and events, much like mugs, keychains, or USBs. Here, however, we are going to look at why they can be a much more effective option for your business.
Making the most of every opportunity
A great marketing plan means tailoring your methods of delivering your brand and message to the platform afforded to you. A scroll pen can be used broadly, but they help fill a niche that simply isn’t satisfied by digital marketing or by more permanent advertisements like billboards or displays.
Their unique use is thanks to the fact that they are highly portable and that they have some value on their own. Even without the marketing, your potential customers will be happy to have a pen, one of the most ubiquitous and practical items of the modern age. For that reason, there are all sorts of ways to use scroll pens for marketing purposes:
- Trade shows: Big public events are one of the most common uses for scroll pens and other promotional items. So long as you’re attending the right trade shows, it’s where you’re most likely to find the most relevant people in the market with a potential interest in what you offer.
- Networking events: For B2B organizations, a scroll pen can be a much more effective way of getting your name out compared to a business card.
- Pop-up displays or meetings: Outside of your regular office environment, dealing with new and potential customers? Make sure you have something to leave them that helps to convert them to customers long after the meeting is gone.
- For existing customers: A little bonus for existing customers provides a touch more goodwill while helping to retain them and remind them of your services.
You might be able to think of other opportunities where a scroll pen might be better than a business, a leaflet, or some other portable marketing item that doesn’t have the added value of practicality. They are an item that allows you to make the most of a multitude of opportunities.
It’s all in the scroll
One of the main benefits that a scroll pen tends to offer over the majority of other promotional items is the space it provides for great marketing and content. Regular pens, keychains and USBs don’t allow for much more information than a name, logo, and some contact details. A mug has a little more space, but the messier its design, the less likely the potential lead is to want to use it.
A simple, neat design is crucial to making your leads want to use the item. At the same time, you want to deliver enough valuable content to grow their curiosity and drive them closer to converting into a customer. To that end, the scroll pen excels. When the scroll is closed, it’s just another, simple pen. Opening the scrolling banner, however, is when it really packs a punch.
Here are some of the unique benefits of the scroll pen:
- Marketing space: Compared to most other promotional items, the scroll pen features a lot more space for you to show off the content that has a better chance of winning your customers over.
- Practicality: There are few items more practical than a pen, and the design of the scroll won’t get in the way of its usability, unlike some other promotional items.
- Flexibility: The scroll pen offers enough space for content, but what that content is will be entirely up to you. Other promotional items are more limited, offering only the space for a few scant details.
- Rarity: USBs, regular branded pens, mugs, key-chains and the like are very common. You can expect that most potential customers will have received at least one of each from competitors and other businesses.
If you are using promotional or giveaway items, you have to make sure they have an edge over the competition. Especially at events where your competitors are close, having a less-than-common item with some extra value, like a scroll pen, can make all the difference. If your content is particularly valuable, users of the pen are more likely to hold your brand in greater esteem.
The scrolls your oyster
As mentioned, a scroll pen offers your business more space to deliver the content that will help it make its desired impact. There are a lot of different kinds of content you can print on the banner, and that content can be used to different effect. Here are some ideas for the kind of thing you can include on the inside of your scroll pen:
- Contact details: The bread and butter of promotional item messages, the scroll pen enables you to include a little more than the average item, including social media channels.
- News and events: Have a new product, an upcoming event or a brand-new site? Your pens could be another way of getting the word out.
- Product and service references: Deliver bullet points helping potential customers understand exactly what it is you have to offer.
- Reference guides: You can deliver short, effective content to help your market with a particular process or issue relevant to their market. This gives you the chance to show off your expertise and create a reference that will have them checking your scroll pen time and time again.
- Other useful tidbits: Depending on where you provide them, a scroll pen can include all sorts of information. Maps can help customers find your store whereas calendars can make it useful as a planner in miniature.
You have the freedom to deliver any kind of message you desire with a scroll pen. What’s more, since they are relatively inexpensive and easy to produce, you can update that message as time goes on. Have a new product or service you want to highlight as part of a new marketing push? What to make content seasonal or more relevant to a slightly different audience within your market? Scroll pens are infinitely customizable.
Getting more bang for your buck
Cost-effectiveness plays a crucial role in deciding the next best marketing step for your business. In terms of cost-to-exposure, scroll pens are hard to beat. They are relatively cheap compared to other physical marketing tools, but they tend to offer much more in return.
The big returns are, in large part, due to their longevity and repetition. The appeal of most giveaways at trade shows and the like is that they only have to be given once, but they can continue to offer exposure to your brand to the potential customer who receives it. The more useful or interesting the giveaway, the more like the customer is to keep using it and keep being exposed to the brand.
The scroll pen works better than most giveaway items, too. For one, it’s an immediately practical item, so your leads are more likely to use it more regularly, giving them more opportunity to get exposed to your brand. It’s small and lightweight, so it’s something they are more likely to carry around, as opposed to larger giveaway items which can be a little too inconvenient.
A scroll pen also tends to be a lot more interesting than the average giveaway marketing item. There’s an inherent curiosity about them and those who receive them will feel almost compelled to open them up to see what, exactly, is on the inside.
A great design and valuable content on the inside of the scroll will deliver even more value than if you simply gave away a regular pen that gave the business name and some contact details. Every time your lead opens up a scroll pen or simply picks it up to use it, they are likely to be exposed to the brand.
Few physical marketing techniques offer that repeated exposure to the brand and the right valuable information time and time again to the same person. The scroll pen gives you the chance to familiarize future customers with the brand long before they get in touch.
The scroll helps you avoid the problem of other giveaway pens in that they don’t tend to offer context to the business. Even if your customer doesn’t think they need your products or services at the moment, the scroll pen helps them think of you first whenever that changes.
The most effective marketing tool?
Scroll pens offer a low-cost, high-value, flexible means of getting your brand out there. Is it time to start thinking about what kind of marketing content will make the best use of this unique tool?